View Single Post

Thread: [WFRP] The Bloody Crown

1. - Top - End - #1548
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [WFRP] The Bloody Crown

"What's a Slayer? What do they do, except drink, brawl and wear ridiculous hairstyles?"
    One of the shaggy-bearded guards chuckled, and said something to his brother in a language that didn't quite sound like Reikspiel. Baldred, however, looked impressed.

"Slayers're a dwarfish death cult, miss," he said. "Dwarfs who think they've brought shame on their names. They shave their heads and go looking for death in battle."

Fishing at his belt, he dug out the eight schillings Elsa had paid for passage.

"Here. If you crossed a Slayer and you've still got all your arms and legs, I reckon I'd rather have you as a guard than a passenger." He held the money out to Elsa, and indicated Adelbert and Ludo. "Same pay as your friends here. Hope I didn't offend you none with that talk earlier. Got to be careful what you pay for in these parts if you want to hold onto your coin."

When Elsa had taken the money, a crack of the reins set the mules plodding forwards again. The sky was still the same overcast grey it had been yesterday, with the uncertain promise of rain to come. Wheels rumbling, the two carts left Alvarran behind.

Last edited by LCP; 2013-09-17 at 06:02 PM.
    Spoiler: My Games
    Show

WFRP 2E - Tales of Perilous Adventure
    The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

Dark Heresy 1E - Wake of the Byzantium
    Episodes: I, II, III, IV, V

WFRP 2E - The Bloody Crown
    Threads: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X