1. - Top - End - #117
    Barbarian in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Re: Pathfinder Grab Bag Competition Chat Thread II: New Thread smell included!

Quote Originally Posted by malonkey1 View Post
    You know that spiel from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann?

I imagine that's the spirit of this suggestion. Classes and creatures that break the normal rules under the right circumstances (making a partial charge while uninhibited, ignoring metamagic spell level increases, taking two standard actions in place of a standard and move action, ignoring somatic/verbal spell components, etc.)
    Going with that what about something like this.

Classes that break the normally accepted boundaries and rules that keep them from being awesome. The trope Beyond The Impossible (warning: Tvtropes link) covers this stuff pretty well. Essentially, it's anything that breaks the established laws of reality for the setting. For example if punching someone really hard is normal, and hitting them so hard that they fly is awesome; then Beyond The Impossible would be when you punch someone so hard, their descendants literally feel it. Or when your charge is so powerful it rips apart the planar bindings and brings in a dead magic zone, things like that.

Note: Spells wouldn't count because it's an established Pathfinder fact that spells break the laws of physics. However, something that breaks the rules of the game regarding magic would count.

I don't know how you'd summarize that, but I'd definitely get behind it.
    Last edited by 3WhiteFox3; 2013-08-25 at 01:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phelix-Mu View Post
    We live in the land of the internets, where arguing is never pointless.