Dana's Place

Y'know, I don't often mention this, but there are so many fringe benefits to Magtok being a cyborg, it's a little ridiculous sometimes. Take, for example, people's faces. You can only follow the pacing of their breaths, the shading of their cheeks, the movement of their eyes, the miniscule twitches at the corners of their mouths, and the all those other little features once, if you're a normal person. Magtok, however, can replay and go over all of that stuff in his head indefinitely, one at a time, so long as nothing's going on in the meantime to distract him. He can get the full picture, itty-bitty piece at a time.

"Secret flavor I mentioned isn't listed. Go for it, I'm buying." Magtok insists, with a little smile on his face. The sort of meticulously feigned innocence smirk that definitely knows just a little bit more than it's willing to let on.

"But yes, I've been running a few ideas in my head since then. A themed pairing, like War and Peace, or Assault and Battery. That, or each of us unique enough that we could patrol independently, without it seeming out of place for not having our partner around, or maybe look like we didn't actually intend to be a team from the beginning. This or that borrowed from the old domino mask and fedora era, or something more Batman-esque. Equipment and costumes and junk supplied mostly by me for us both, or holding out hope you've got something clever stashed away for yourself. Tech I should use, tech I shouldn't use, what silly trick I'd use to secretly check out your butt on your way in, how to hide my face, various color patterns-"

He quickly waves a hand across the table, like a magician pulling some sort of clever coin-vanishing trick, and a tiny blue hologram appears where his hand was, with a lowercase 'i' slowly bobbing up and down in the air, with a thick white outline and edges to it.

"-and a name. How's Intrepid? Too soon to go around with as a hero with the letter 'i' on my chest, maybe? I dunno. It sounded neat in my head. It's the only really solid idea I think I had."