Zombie apocalypse game, I let the players play in a "history" game, showing what happened in the recent past that allowed the events of the apocalypse to occur. All four players played as druids of different 'Cults' of druidism. Owl (Good), Wolf(Evil), Bear(Chaotic) and Stag (Lawful).

The laylines of magic is what prevented the plane from reaching spells above 3rd level (It's an E6 game). The druids have charged themselves with defending the leylines, but the leyline of the north is being tampered with. So, the four cults put aside their differences and send a representative of each cult to the forefront.

They quietly approach the leyline to find that a strip mining operation is being held on the land over it (The leylines were buried to keep them from being tampered with, a very druidic way of handling things). Mercenaries are posted above with light crossbows. Stag decides diplomacy is the best option. As soon as he mentions looking for the leyline, I face palm (Figured it was pretty obvious they were involved in tampering with the layline) and they sound the alarm.

Bear climbs up a tower and starts kicking ass, Stag right behind him (Bear is close combat, wild shape speced and stag is built for ranged combat). Wolf starts hunting down the guards around and owl non-chalantly disregards the battle. After bear gets a critical hit on the first guard, throws the second guard off the tower, he's out of people to fight...

He feels his best option is to leap off the tower, I tell him to make a jump check. he gets a natural one. as he tries to leap over the tower, his loincloth gets snagged on the spikey bits and he is dangling there with a wedgie. Each round, they continue to drop the mercs with ease and he desperately tries to free himself. (I ruled it an escape artist check, but in hindsight, a strength check would have been better...).

The party is about to delve into the pit and clean up the leyline, but Bear is still hanging on the tower.

Bear: Hey! Get Me down from here! Right Now!
Owl: As you wish... *slices the loin cloth free*
Bear: Augh! Dammit! I thought you were the F*ckin' healer!
Owl: *Shrug* Job security.