Jade Lotus

That had been hers...

Jade Lotus wakes up blearily to a hand on her shoulder and a young voice asking if she's okay, but before she's awake enough to respond another voice comes along, more parental, chiding the child for something.

Luckily, this gives Jade enough time to rise to full consciousness (with a bouncing headache, thank you very much) and reform herself into the shape of her current persona. "Oh, that's alright." Bright Shard mutters, working out the ache in her neck. She avoids the gaze of Braga, rubbing her arm in a nervous fashion. Looking at Versi seems to be much more comfortable to her. "I used to tutor children - I could teach your daughter etiquette -"

With that she clamps both hands on her mouth, realizing what she has said. "Oh! I didn't mean to insult you! I just thought that if I could help your daughter, then, well, you'd be more likely to let me in! I'msosorry letmestartover." She pauses for breath, panting, and lets a few clues sink in, namely that Lookshy does not have a 'bring your daughter to work day'. "You're not the examiner, are you?"

She giggles nervously. "Sorry. It's the stress. I'm Bright Shard. And you are?" She looks down shyly. "The offer to teach still stands - I'm much better with some actual sleep, I assure you - and, well, I like working with children."

The last bit was true, at least.