Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
All of this is true, and all of it is tangential to my point: it is possible to conceive of a character that is able to condemn wickedness, even in themselves, without themselves being able to do good. Miko was able to condemn wickedness in others without being able to do good herself. Redcloak is able to condemn wickedness in himself and yet is unable to bring himself to do good, and he reached that point earlier in the strip than V did. The question is, can V go farther than Redcloak? I don't see a reason, beyond wishful thinking, to believe that she can.
Redcloak is a far better example of your point than Miko, and for what it's worth as far as it applies to Redcloak, I agree completely. He sees his sin perfectly clearly, and yet he's quite set on his path of only compounding it, to make sure that everything he's already sacrificed for his big plan "wasn't for nothing".

V has yet to settle on a clear plan for how he intends to atone for casting familiacide, but as long as he doesn't dedicate the rest of his life to exterminating the black dragons he missed the first time, he has better prospects for redemption than Redcloak.