Eirea takes the sword and, as she goes through the basic motions Grall shows her, seems to wield it significantly better than may be expected. Of course, the end result still isn't very good, but it's not as bad as it could be. Internally, she is somewhat conflicted. On one hand, she saw this as a nonsensical waste of energy and wanted to point that out. Why spend time learning to swing a blade at something when she could use the same time working out how to avoid needing to? Especially since she didn't have a sword of her own. What was she going to do, loan Grall's next time they fought something? On the other hand, it could be that this...impromptu swordplay lesson was some kind of ritualistic method of dealing with his emotions.

"I've heard of those who use weapons more focused on their agility than their power. Such a thing may be a better option, as bringing my entire strength to bear...well, there isn't especially much to be done there, Eirea says after a few moments. For now, at least, she'd go along with it. Perhaps she could ask Revenant or Alderon about it later. They might understand Grall's unusual behavior better than she did.

Spoiler
Show
+3 BAB, so only at a -1 to attack rolls rather than the standard -4 for total newbie guard types.

Also, I had an interesting drama-idea, but it'd have required metagaming and been out of character for Eirea (it'd basically be contingent on her realizing his motivation and getting in a huff about "oh I see, I'm just the first person around who you can push your 'help' on to feel better"). It could be pretty tough on Grall in his state, if I'd gone for it.