1. - Top - End - #925
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: MS Paint Adventures 7: At the Price of Oblivion

Quote Originally Posted by Sigh View Post
    It's probably just burnout, I got the same thing around the middle of the troll arc, and didn't really get back into it until Hussie started answering fan questions like crazy again after he ditched Formspring.

It's natural when the thing you're following just keeps on updating, it's not like a TV show where you have season long breaks, with HS you either keep up with the schedule or you get left behind, and even the most diehard fan would find it hard to keep the same level of interest after that long a time frame.
    Nah, I wish it were that. I mean, I still love acts 1-5. All of it, in fact. I've gone back and reread it several times, and that's no small task.

It's just... I think it's that nothing that happens in the comic makes sense anymore, from an internal standpoint. I think this past A6A6 is the worst offender, really- Caliborn manages to break out of the story and affect the plot, in an actual, meaningful way, and he messes with the cartridge, and all of a sudden, not only is the plot ****ed up and we don't know what's going on (AGAIN), but the comic's entire 4-year, 6000-comic history has changed, in ways that we aren't aware of, and Egbert is the only character that remembers how things actually went down? It's just... mean-spirited towards the readers, and not in a funny way. Sure, Disc 2 was similar, but at least then, we still had some clue what was going on, and there was no massive retcon device involved.

Oh, and also, I'm already sick to death of Aranea. Bring back Karkat as a main character. I like Karkat. Or Gamzee. Or Terezi, before she had that fling with the clown and got all whiny. Or Rose, before she became a BLUH BLUH HUGE LUSH. Or Dave, when he was cool and liked his time travel. Or Jade, before she went from cool main character to crappy villain. Or, hell, even Vriska. I liked that psycho bitch.

Or Jack and PM. Why the hell aren't they there yet? They weren't that far behind the asteroid.

And on top of all of that, it's not even funny anymore! Seriously, the last thing I really remember laughing at was A6A5A2.
    Last edited by Lateral; 2013-09-14 at 11:26 PM.