Quote Originally Posted by Echobeats View Post
I have a couple of questions which may well be easily answered or already covered in the first Saga thread, so please forgive me if they are: I've been unwell and don't have the energy to look through stuff properly.

1. Spending Force Points to regain expended Force Powers. In the Core Book this is supposed to be a swift action, though it was errata'd to be a reaction. But a reaction to what? A reaction has to have a trigger, and none is stated.

I think I've seen something about it being part of another reaction, e.g. if you are out of uses of Rebuke, you can use it anyway at the cost of a Force Point. But most Force Powers are not used as a reaction, and if the rule only applied to those that are, surely it would say so? Should this really be "no action", done as part of the action you use to activate the Force Power in question?

2. I am trying to design an encounter in which pirates/bounty hunters cut their way into the ship using buzz droids or something similar (see Threats p142), and the PCs are then faced with two simultaneous fights: one at starship scale against pirate's ship and one at character scale against the boarders. How do I know when the buzz droids have cut their way through? Clearly it would be silly to say the ship is only breached when the ship is reduced to 0hp: that would take forever even with no opposition, and then the ship would be disabled because of one tiny hole. I looked at the "Attack Object" rules, but I don't know what material your average ship is made of. Is there anything in the books that would tell me?

I could of course say that the droids break through at the speed of plot, but it would be nice to know the RAW before I start messing around.

(Don't worry, the pirates will patch up the hole once inside so that all the air doesn't escape :P.)

Thanks a lot folks.
1. I believe that was done so a character could, say, regain a Force power like Rebuke as a reaction to someone Force Lightninging them. Not sure if it actually works that way, though. Someone else might know. In the end, it doesn't happen often anyway.

2. The pirates are far more likely to use explosive charges or fusion cutters, both are in the book. They would have to overcome the ship's DR (if they are cutting through the outside hull, or something less if they're already inside and cutting through a door. Choose a suitable HP total and go with it, or just decide when the pirates breach through for cinematic purposes.