1. - Top - End - #324
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Default Re: Werewolf Central IX: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

Quote Originally Posted by Sabeki View Post
    There would be PMs in it (it always struck me as dumb to have no PM games, but that's just me).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Mage View Post
    About no PM, for some games, it's necessary.
    What GM said. First things first, look into why there are no PMs in certain games. The entire point of blind games is to work off of what information is given in-thread. Why? It's more challenging, which is fun for some people. Read any Witchhunt game and you'll see why PMs wouldn't work there. PM games, especially those with vanillager roles, also have the unfortunate side effect of "Network rules." If the town network can get together fast, they'll lynch anyone and everyone who isn't in the network just because they aren't in the network. There's usually no logic given aside from "not network." That's hardly fair to anyone who isn't in the network. Read Phantom of the Opera V to see that at work.

Another perfect example of where PMs would not work is Careless Citadel. (As well as Careless Village) If a player is a Loyalist and networks to all the Loyalists then dies and comes back as a Usurper with a kill, it would be woefully unbalanced. Especially in the first game if someone was a mason and came back as a wolf.

I don't believe it was your intention, but you come across as rather rude to anyone who runs no PM games. It's one thing to think something to yourself, but it's far different once you've posted it on the internet. Think a little harder next time before posting "I think X is dumb."
    Last edited by Penguinator; 2013-09-16 at 01:23 AM.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.