Quote Originally Posted by Forikroder View Post
and quite unforunate too far too many people cant (or perhaps wont) see the big thick line seperating reality from fiction

if someone bases there moral compass on made up storys they hear in childhood instead of basing it actual real world happenings its a problem

also heres to biggest problem, noone should aspire to be the Hero

the man who goes off alone following only his moral compass, who magically has the strength of 10 men where everything always works out for him

people see the Hero and think "i want to be like that" and cant realise that its simply impossible for anyone to be a hero in the real world

too many problems arise from people with swelled heads thinking they know best and run off half-informed thinking themselves a hero

i disagree entirely, every time i play DnD its exactly like that, and in every other game i played

i play games for entertainment i turn my brain off and enjoy it without worying about it why on earth should i care if i slaughter a hundred goblins when those goblins exist simply as a figment of my imagination? they dont exist i could jsut as easily bring all of them back to life or make them 100 feet tall

they are not real so it doesnt matter

as long as your able to see the line between reality and fiction
But you should be able to acknowledge that what your character is doing is wrong. Just like when you play Hitman or GTA. If someone asked, "Are those right to do?" You should say something like, "Yeah, I guess not but I don't really care right now."