View Single Post

Thread: The Index of the Giant's Comments

1. - Top - End - #1134
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: The Index of the Giant's Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Gift Jeraff View Post
    I definitely support the "even dragons" post being included. There seems to be a decent amount of people who think that Rich is only trying to change the way Humanoids are treated. In fact, I distinctly remember someone insisting that the ogres and sea trolls seen in the comic are "not sentient."
    I thought this post particularly summed up the limits of allowability and where and when the Giant is speaking out against. Then again, just because I found someone arguing that Sabine would completely cease to care about Nale (as she never really did being a succubus) the moment he bit the dust, and the Celia wasn't capable of lasting emotional connection either (being a personification of wind) doesn't mean that there was any suggestion to that effect in the comic, ever.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showp...9&postcount=98

It says clearly that he does not have a problem with other portrayals of, say demons, but that he himself gives them human responses. Also he is specifically addressing D&D and how it's played, though I'm unclear to the extent that what he says is meant to or includes all sci-fi & fantasy literature. With the exception of some clear statements "if a fictional human kills a fictional dragon for no reason..."
    Last edited by Reddish Mage; 2013-09-20 at 09:56 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    It would have been awesome if the writers had put as much thought into it as you guys do.
    The laws of physics are not crying in a corner, they are bawling in the forums.

Thanks to half-halfling for the avatar