1. - Top - End - #330
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Werewolf Central IX: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

So, I've had this idea kicking around in my head and I've finally put it to paper, but now I'm a bit unsure how to proceed.

First, some context. In various games I've seen villagers don't try and defend themselves from a lynch because then at least there were no chance for a power role to be lynched. While that's a valid reason, I'm not a fan of it, so I've began thinking on ways to discourage it via mechanics. One of the ways I've though (mostly shamefully stolen from the Assassin series of games and one power from USB, to tell the truth) is with sleeping town power roles (so power roles that think they were villagers until a certain condition is met). I now have a rough sketch, so there's a couple of powers/mechanics I still need to define, plus there's going to be more fluff in the roles descriptions. Any input is welcome.

So, I present to you:

The Legend of Zelda WW: The Wind Waker

Rules

General Rules
    Spoiler
    Show
    Helgraf's Scry interference.
    No vote minimum for the lynch.
    Wolf extra win condition, have both Link and Zelda dead. Mustn't be the ones responsible for the kill.

Roles
    Spoiler
    Show

Town
    Spoiler
    Show

Link ("Awakener"/Multiple Votes/Amplifier)
    Spoiler
    Show

[Night Power] Wind Waker: Every night, scry a player. Is informed if the player is Medli, Makar or Zelda. If the player is one of then, that player is awakened and is put in contact with Link. May use this power to increase Medli's or Makar's power during one night.

[Passive] Master Sword, Blade of Evil's Bane: If Link sucessfully awakens Medli or Makar, his vote is increased by one. This bonus is cumulative, so if he awakens both, his vote is worth three votes.

Zelda (Killer/???)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Zelda starts play as a villager, without knowlegde of her power. After being awaken, she gains the following abilities:

[Night Power] Light Arrows: Night Kill. 2 night's cooldown.

[???] Triforce of Wisdom (?): No idea, suggestions are welcome.

Makar (Vortexer???)
    Spoiler
    Show

Makar starts play as a villager, without knowlegde of his power. After being awaken, he gains the following abilities:

[Night Power] Wind God's Aria (Solo): Vortexes two players. Every ability (incluiding the wolf night kill) that targets one of them instead targets the other and vice versa.

[Night Power] Wind God's Aria (with Wind Waker): Vortexes every player. Abilities that target one player is redirected to a random player, coming full circle (so if there's three players, abilities that target player A are redirected to player B, B to C and C to A) . The use of this ability is revealed once night ends. After this ability is used,Makar's ability, incluiding the Solo Vortex, is on three night cooldown.

Medli (Voider)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Medli starts play as a villager, without knowlegde of her power. After being awaken, she gains the following abilities:

[Night Power] Earth God's Lyric (Solo):Voids the chosen player. Abilities on cooldown gain one more night of cooldown.

[Night Power] Earth God's Lyric (with Wind Waker): Voids every player and every ability, incluiding the wolf's night kill. Abilities on cooldown gain one more night of cooldown. The use of this ability is revealed once night ends. After this ability is used, Medli's ability, incluiding the Solo Void, is on three night cooldown.

King of Red Lions (Baner)
    Spoiler
    Show

[Night Power] Every night, pick one player. That player is protected from night kills.

Quill (Seer)/Komali (?) (Fool)
    Spoiler
    Show

[Night Power] Every night, pick one player. Quill learn that player's role while Komali is given a random result. Both gain a result of Quill when scrying the other. Gannondorf and sleeper Zelda, Makar and Medli scry as villager for Quill.

Villager
    Spoiler
    Show
    Vanilla villager.

Wolves
    Spoiler
    Show

Gannondorf (Alpha/Role Finder(?))
    Spoiler
    Show

[Passive] Alpha: Picks the wolf team, but not their roles. Scries as Villager.

[Night Power] Triforce of Power: Every night, pick one player. Is informed if that player is Zelda or not. Works even on a sleeper Zelda.

Phanton Ganon (Devil)
    Spoiler
    Show

[Night Power] Every night, pick one player. Learns that player's role. Sleeper Zelda, Makar and Medli scry as villager

Darknut (Beast)
    Spoiler
    Show

[Passive] When killed, kill his killer. If lynched, kill one random non wolf player that voted for him.

Wizzrobe (Voider)
    Spoiler
    Show

[Night Power] Voids the chosen player. Abilities on cooldown gain one more night of cooldown.

Hellmaroc King (Kidnaper)
    Spoiler
    Show

[Day Power] May decide to kidnap the day's lynch target. If so, that player's role is only revealed on the end of the next day. Abilities that trigger on a player's death also activate on the next day. Two Day cooldown.

Bokoblin
    Spoiler
    Show
    Vanilla wolf.

Stuff that I'm tempted to add/change:
    Spoiler
    Show
    • Treasure hunting with Grappling Hook and Shop.
    • Makar and Medli's powers, although I'm not sure what'd be good.
    • I sort of want Light Arrows to have an extra/bigger effect on Phanton Ganon, but if so the only thing I can think is give PG an extra life that LA ignores.
    • Maybe have Zelda be able to find Gannodorf with ToW?
    • Have one of Makar, Medli and Zelda awaken every 3 or 2 nights after Link is dead.
    • Reveals Makar, Medli and Zelda's role when killed, even if not awake.

So, thoughts, suggestions?
    Last edited by Gray Mage; 2013-09-22 at 12:56 PM.

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.