Please, don't misunderstand, I'm not asking because I'm looking for information on how to play a game that takes place entirely inside the Far Realms. I was, however, originally curious if anyone had any ideas for descriptions and characteristics of the infinite layers of the Far Realms, In case a DM were to want to give PC's a firsthand look at what insurountable madness lurks outside the borders of the planes as we know them, right before pulling the party's collective ass out of the 5-dimensional, non-euclidean fire. But now I realize that defining these layers would make the Far Realms seem disappointingly similar to the infinite-layered Abyss...

*sigh* Why does it have to be so difficult to examine and categorize things that our brains and abilities of spatial perception were never meant to understand?

Heh. Really, my obsession with the Far Realms comes from my love of the concept that there can still be things that seem alien and horrifying to people who habitually summon fire elementals to warm their morning bath because they don't feel like getting out of bed. As a former DM of several 2nd edition Planescape campaigns, I find it comforting that even when players have taken a walking tour of the Nine Hells, seen and done it all, I can still find things that they'll only be able to describe as 'weird.'