Quote Originally Posted by Skeppio View Post
Not when you know you can't meet them in person, because they're on the other side of the planet.
Fair enough, but that's why I recommend starting up this behavior with someone local. You never know, it might work.

No, the fact that I haven't given up only proves how stupid and naive I am that I can't just admit I'm not good enough.
Hm, from a quick look, I could find one LBGT related group. But...I don't look anywhere near feminine enough to pass, so no thanks. I'm not going to go and look like an utter fool in front of people who actually look decent as their preferred gender.
I thought a large point of LGBTQ groups was that they didn't care about that sort of thing and are in fact quite supportive. But what do you really have to lose by at least trying them out? If you go and they are jerks, well then you're in the same position you currently are. If they're not and are in fact awesome people, then new friends can be acquired.

I have no experience either. And I'm too old to not have experience. If only I could go back to when I was in my teens...I could change so much, and actually have a life worth looking forward to. But instead I've made every wrong choice I could possibly make, and now I'm paying for it.
Honestly I'll have to leave this one to someone else. I don't know of anyone my age (28) or older who doesn't have at least some decent experience, even if they don't get married, etc, until they're a bit older. Come on, other posters. Anyone have a ray of sunshine for this particular area? A story of a social shut-in who started late in life and is now relatively happy?

And when I do talk about it? There goes my chance. No-one wants someone like me. They'd never want me after I tell them the truth. People don't want to date people who aren't perfectly normal and fine in every way. The only people who've accepted even part of me are people who live way too far away for me to ever meet, or people who'd have never been interested in me anyway.
As for when, honestly that's something you'll have to ask someone with more experience in this area. My biggest things are that I'm pretty heavily ADHD and that I'm pretty touchy-touchy (or like to be if I think it's welcomed). Both of those are a little easier to talk about, I think. So... someone else with more experience chime in with advice on this one? Please?

Nope. I have a friend I can meet in the city, but they're busy with work far too often. Plus if I stayed with him... well, I don't get along very well with one of his room-mates.
Sorry to hear that you don't get along with his room-mate, but that doesn't mean you couldn't schedule something with him in advance. Pick a day far enough in advance to request off from work (if you/he don't have a regular work schedule) and just go out and do something. Let him know that you're feeling down and need to get out.

EDIT: Sorry that all came out so rude. I'm...not in a good mood...
Maybe we should take it to PMs before people come along to wag their fingers and laugh at "mean ol' grumpy jerk Skeppio". ._.
I honestly didn't read any of that as rude, and I don't mean to keep frustrating you. But I figure by having this all out in the open just gives other people with better advice than I the chance to chime in.