Quote Originally Posted by TuggyNE View Post
I'm trying to improve both logical consistency and game balance: the former by fixing spell scaling and effects, the latter by fixing spell scaling and only including a subset of energy types and making it impossible to swap them.
My 2cp:
  • I just want to point out that even some of the mundane things that even commoners can do isn't even logically possible (e.g. swinging a weapon all day without tiring, not getting hurt hitting a wall repeatedly). So with that said, I really can't see any fixing needed for functionally sound spells. If we go by logical consistency, most [fire] spells should RAW-wise be called out as being able to provide at least some degree of illumination.
  • From a mechanical perspective I actually think that removing other energy orbs (electricity and sound) messed with one of the few spell lines (horizontal line, that is) that actually manages to attempt balancing energy representation. The addition of the [TP] description also makes the fire/cold orb line ineffective in certain situations (e.g. Dimensional Lock, Zone of Respite, etc), IMO further widening the gap in mechanical balance between the energies.