When the PCs arrive at the Glassworks, they find the building curiously silent. Neighbors have noticed the lack of traffic into and from the building, but since the furnace chimney still plumes with smoke, most assume that the building was simply closed to allow Lonjiku and his workers some privacy while they worked on a big project. A quick investigation of the building perimeter reveals that curtains have been drawn over the windows and all the doors are locked.

Celiss says, "I'm not sure what to look for or how, but the rumble of the Glassworks' furnace is plainly audible."

She muses, "Still, it is strange that it isn't open for business."

Already, there are a couple of gawkers from the village who stand at a distance. Celiss comes up to them to calm them. "Hello, we just wanted to check in on Lonjiku to see if he really is planning something big, but it seems the place is closed down."

Celiss' presence is more than enough to calm the locals, especially given the odd fact that Celiss is right. Several locals suggest the two of you head up to Kaijitsu Manor to talk to Lonjiku or his servants rather than breaking into the place, but a trip up Schooner Gulch Road to the manor reveals that none of the servants there have seen Lonjiku since yesterday evening. They assume he’s working down in the Glassworks and point to the smoke pouring out of its chimney as proof.

"That's it," she says, "I am making it our official function as deputy's to search the place. I have reasonable suspicion that there is wrongdoing as we speak, so we can tell some of the locals that watch us smash the doors open why ... and if someone would please tell the mayor where we are."