Quote Originally Posted by adversityarchit View Post
Alright thanks, one more question, back on the subject of primary/secondary attacks. My DM reminded me that Pathfinder (the system we're using) has a different ruling for those than 3.5, so when adapting an Ozodrin over to Pathfinder how then should I treat the natural attacks from other sources? I think this is what caused the confusion in the first place actually.
As far as I can tell, if a natural weapon counts as "primary" on that table, it attacks with full strength bonus to damage and to-hit as opposed to taking a -5(-2 with multiattack) to hit and only allowing half strength bonus to damage. Unless the creature is using a manufactured weapon or using an unarmed strike in addition to the natural weapons, in which case all natural weapons are considered secondary natural weapons.

But the specific text of ozodrin says they're considered primary unless they're specifically called out as secondary.

All of an ozodrin‘s natural attacks gained from features are considered primary attacks unless otherwise noted. If the ozodrin has natural attacks from sources other than its class levels, such as its race, it may instead choose to use its racial natural primary attack(s) instead. If an ozodrin makes natural attacks and attacks with a weapon, the natural attacks are considered secondary.
My understanding of the interaction here is that the Pathfinder changes allow racial/non-Ozodrin derived natural weapons that are primary natural weapons to be used as primary natural weapons in addition to the primary natural weapons granted by Ozodrin. Either that, or you can only use your Ozodrin-derived or non-Ozodrin-derived natural attacks in a given round, not both sets, so the interaction is that they can't interact.

Otherwise, when it comes to Ozodrin-derived natural weapons, it's specific trumps general when it comes to if they're primary or secondary natural weapons, so if an Ozodrin-derived natural weapon is listed as secondary in its entry when it is designated as a primary natural weapon in the PF chart, it counts as secondary due to the specific case of being from the Ozodrin class.

Now, in adapting the class to PF, one might play around with which ones are specifically called out as primary or secondary.