Quote Originally Posted by hamishspence View Post
"Lets go find more birds!" is his immediate response.
True, but really not a sociopath response. A lot of people will feed mice to their pet snake, for instance. Or fish to a larger fish. Or watch nature shows. That's not sociopathy.

I vaguely remember seeing the theory that the reason the dog was dead was that he killed it and then felt a few moments remorse and started crying.
A theory with literally nothing backing it up. The very first panel in the comic has him crying over the dead dog. There is absolutely nothing indicating he killed it, and certainly nothing saying he did it on purpose.

My biggest issue here is a lot of people whip out that "Sociopaths torture animals!" statistic at a moments notice, with no regard for the circumstances. For starters, they need to understand that the animal is in pain and deriving enjoyment from it. Simply accidentally killing an animal because you don't realize you're hurting it does not make you a sociopath. It makes you a young child that needs to be taught how to handle animals. I saw people pulling this line out when a kid simply handled an animal too roughly and breaks it's spine. The kid didn't mean to do it. He simply applied too much force on the animal in an instant (trying to put a cat in a box) and something awful happened. But no, now people are shouting "He'll grow up to be a sociopath!" when he was absolutely distraught over the outcome.

Even if young Xykon killed the dog by accident with his abilities, there's no indication that he enjoyed it and then felt remorse. We only have evidence that he was crying over his dead puppy.