View Single Post

Thread: SW Saga Edition Thread 2: The Sith Lords

1. - Top - End - #260
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: SW Saga Edition Thread 2: The Sith Lords

Quote Originally Posted by Alejandro View Post
    So, a medium concussion missile... I do know that, at least RAW, there is no attack roll penalty if you fire the missile at a character scale target. My fellow players and GM, incidentally, believe there should be a penalty, and we might houserule one in. Does anyone have experience with that?
    Try a -5 or -10 penalty (so it's hard to hit but you might easily do half damage)

Quote Originally Posted by Alejandro View Post
    Also, the missile has a 4 square burst. Is that starship scale, or character scale?
    Character scale, in generall no area of effect weapon target multiple starship cale squares unless the opposite is explicitly stated.

Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Happens View Post
    Is there an official conversion scheme between character-scale and ship-scale size categories? Because that seems like it would be the most consistent way to go about that.
    To my experience there isn't, since the size of a starship scale square varies (arguably due to terrain/obstacles). but there are rnage conversions for different weapons between the two scales (in the core book and in clone wars)

edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post

There is no conversion scheme between character and starship scales. Starship scale is excessively abstract, such that an Imperial Star Destroyer (completely) takes up exactly as much space as the Executor or Eclipse.
    I would disagree about the "completely" part, I would certainly allow smaller friendly ships to occupy/traverse those squares and possibly do the same for bigger/same size friendly ships. (that is unless I missunderstod you)
    Last edited by Waar; 2013-10-18 at 11:18 AM.