Quote Originally Posted by Mithril Leaf View Post
I'm currently working on a good old fashioned Halfling Fleshraker Beastmaster build, and I am now noticing that the racial weapon are martial ability of the halfling is (in official D&D) 100% useless since there are actually no weapons at all with halfling in the name. Might I possibly recommend adding Talenta weapons, or possibly the skiprock and war sling? Even both wouldn't be too much really.

EDIT: Also, would you use the Deadly Aim ability have you replace Str or augment it with your Dexterity when using a sling? My gut says to treat them as thrown weapons.
1. That's a good point. To be fair, only the orc, gnome, and dwarf get advantages from the ability in core D&D - there are no "elven" weapons in the SRD. It's probably just not a very good ability in general.

2. Deadly Aim replaces the strength bonus when using thrown weapons. If you have a higher Strength, you can stick with it - I just wanted to give an option for low Strength users (such as halflings). Given that composite bow users would get the advantages of both, this may unfairly disadvantage thrown weapons users.

High (16) STR, mediocre (12) DEX with thrown weapon: +1 to hit, +3 to damage.
High STR, mediocre DEX with composite longbow: +1 to hit, +4 to damage

Mediocre (12) STR, high (16) DEX with thrown weapon: +3 to hit, +3 to damage
Mediocre STR, high DEX with composite longbow: +3 to hit, +4 to damage

It's not a huge difference, but the attack roll keys off of DEX either way. I suppose it incentivizes high DEX hunters, with a bit of strength if you can afford it (and use a composite bow). It's mostly a wash, but for consistency's sake I can see your point.