"You are right, Abbot, I am young, at least by the standards of my kind." Zen says quietly, pausing as they reach the threshold of the nearest building. "But the world belongs to the young, and to the children of tomorrow. The old and the influential may shape the course of the future, but it is the young who will have to live in it."

He looks contemplative for a moment, as though deciding on a course of action, then nods. "The wall is stronger than any one stone. This place is a fortress, yes, and a mighty one at that, but without friends and allies, it will not be able to withstand concentrated assault. And even if it could, what good is a fortress that stands alone while the world beyond it's walls burns?" A small smile. "Bonds between neighbors are rare and precious things, and I think you can agree with me that you are more likely to build them by venturing beyond the walls than by remaining within."

There is no polite way to say 'Heaven has proven itself unreliable in times of need, so look for allies elsewhere.