I thought I had more people to talk to. Is there a limit to how many quotes there are?

Quote Originally Posted by Haluesen View Post
ION: Got my birthday gift from my grandma early. Red and black DS Lite. I am supremely overjoyed! Letting it charge a bit, then will probably play some Emerald. Gonna save money for other games of course.
Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
All you Americans are trying to get our water. I have already warned Zodalicious that there will be trouble if she dares to enter such an arrangement -- diplomatic trouble. It begins with a single drop! *grabs by the lapels of your leather jacket and shakes* IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT, AMADOU?!?!?! IS IT?!?!?!?!?!11?!?!?!/?

Some feet will tread all heights now unattained -- why not thine own?

*drowsy little ball* Budgies love baths, yes. Some like to play under a trickling tap, some like shallow dishes, and some even like lettuce baths, shallow water full of lettuce leaves. A budgie having a bath is a truly joyful and playful thing to see. Well almost all budgies like them. Mabel didn't, but that was because of her overly dignified old lady personality.
First the south of California and now you. Save the delta! Stop the tunnels!

I do not know of a bird that does not like a bath. The nights are colder now and I can put the bird bath outside and not have wasps. House finches and some very small sparrows come and drink and bathe and make a big mess. The waxwings have gone on south along with the one who used up all his lives already. The tree is empty. The scrub jays are still trying to find berries though.

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
Yes! We made sausages and bacon and scrambled eggs by the deep-pan full! Five days of it! The bacon was good, the eggs not AS good but they were decent. Also we made hashbrown potatoes.
Eggs are always good. I am jealous of your bacon more. I can't cook good crunchy bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
Half three in the morning, can't sleep, what do you do?
Wash your hair in the sink, watch reviews and things online and complain to your online peeps and friends about your insomnia while shopping for hair salons and appointments and intermittently reading an in-depth (for a given definition of in-depth given the topic) book on the Reformation.
Early mornings are strange indeed aren't they?
Could be worse. It's only raining after all.
They are. You did more than I did. I just sat and wished that I could sleep sitting up. I had some odd thoughts about airplanes and the folk tale about the plane over Kenya that almost crashed. Maybe I was asleep. It did not feel like dreams though.

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
So I just finished watching Pacific Rim.

I'm glad I wore black pants.

Movie of the year, hands down.
I am so glad! I was afraid that it would disappoint you after you had waited for so long.

Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
I'd say you're already taking our water - stealing it from our inland seas and allowing it to collect on your land without due repayment. Plus, it's not like she'd be giving it away; we're talking about a business investment here. Many people like snow, and many people like money. Why not exchange one for the other? I see it as a sound abstract idea. Putting together a feasible project that takes into account the logistical issues might be a bit harder, though...
I thought Kneenibble was too far west for that. Does the wind go from west to east over the middle of Canada?

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
You've pretty much answered your own question--we don't get heavy snow very often, so rather than spending a fortune preparing for an eventuality that rarely happens, we just don't bother. It's kind of like asking why Finland never prepares for tropical conditions.
They do. In saunas.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
If you want a simple program to draw in, stick to Inkscape or look to commercial software. I tend to use Gimp as an example of the best and worst sides of open source software. It has every function you can ask of it, and it's free, but beyond the absolute basics, it's a chore to find what you're looking for, because no one is willing to pay someone to make Gimp simple to use. I suspect the reason Ami finds Gimp so much better is because image editing in Inkscape is a poor idea (given, I use it to crop screenshots of my scribbles since the entire process is extremely straightforward, but that's about it).

What is a credit union, and how is it different from a bank?

Well, spreading earth on a lawn isn't an unknown phenomenon to me, and compost is more or less fine grade earth...

As for sticks, for as long as they're not too thick, they tend to become brittle when decomposing and will thus snap if you stab the compost with a shovel a few times...
It is funny though. Amidus said that he chose GIMP because it was easy to use and you say that many people do not find it easy to use. Maybe your market is a different market?

You know how a business can be regular or nonprofit? A bank is a regular business. A credit union is a nonprofit and it gives out less services and interest but it charges less too. That's most of the story. Here the credit unions are small and each one tries to get a different tiny market but there are many of them. There is enough of them that they joined together to buy ATMs just like one big regular bank. That is rare.

The lawn got peas planted in it. That is all the help it will get.

I put sticks in the compost to make sure it does not get too green. The sycamore bark goes in the flower bed right away. The zinnias look better against brown. And I was surprised. I must have four zinnias not three. A new flower is in a fourth pink.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthalion View Post
Going to visit... My brother, his wife and another brother, then driving to see another brother and his fiancee, and then going to see a brother of mine, and his family.
Enjoy your trip. There will still be enough Californians to rule the thread while you are gone.