View Single Post

Thread: [Nexus] Outside XXXVII

1. - Top - End - #773
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Outside XXXVII

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    They might see in the distance a figure in a hooded cloak. The figure lifts her left hand, revealing dark grey skin. Two shadowy figures with bright grins and eyes appear, and shapeshift into a tall man in scruffy clothes and a small child in a dress, which head to the arch. If anyone can detect auras, they'll notice they are demonic in origin.
    Have fun, my princelings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    Carrie watches and waits, checking through the photos on the camera to see what they got.
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post

Effervescent Valley

I went over what happened earlier, and I realised that I'd automatically put the HALO team in a different timeline to Comrade Omega & Sasha. That's why the microphone couldn't pick any thing up; there wasn't any silencing spells. Sorry.

Anyway, the spell is quite potent, though whether it's potent enough is up to you. It's not potent enough to stop the wizard's teleportation, though.

Also, Arkhosia: the archway is a portal to Riverside- it leads away from the cabin. If your character wants to sell to the wizard, they need to ring the doorbell and ignore the HALO truck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Effervescent Valley
    ...oh.
    Also: The figure didn't notice the truck, I was just saying that the occupants might notice her.
    Who says the figure's the one ringing the doorbell?
    The man and the girl walk up to the door and ring the doorbell.
    Effervescent Valley

I think I'll say that the enchantment on the hut does overcome the anti-magic shield, but only on pictures that are focused on it. So, by zooming in, they will have gotten pictures of Comrade Omega, Sasha, and now the newcomers. And maybe the wizard Voranhin too, unless he has his own enchantment on him. And since the conversation took place in front of the hut's door, they would have picked it up on the microphone. But perhaps the hut's enchantment would also degrade the audio recording, leaving HALO without any proof beyond the word of their members that selling children into slavery was even happening here. Does that work for you, Earl?

Douglas points the figure out to Carrie, asking her to get a few pictures before focusing on the man and girl knocking on the hut door. While keeping the microphone pointed at the latter two, HALO's intelligence director attempts to study the cloaked figure through his binoculars.
    Last edited by FireFox; 2013-10-23 at 07:30 PM.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid