"Layla, you need to calm down." At the Commander's words, a needle on the inside of Layla's collar administers a small dose of sedative. It is not enough to knock her unconscious, but it should take the the edge off her emotions. "You are getting to the heart of the matter, though. There is no one besides you four that can pilot the Evangelions now. We have need of you here, Layla. You can choose not to pilot for now, if that's what you want. You can just stay here. If I ever need you, though, you're getting in Unit-01 if I have to strap you into the plug myself."

"Detecting other A.T. Fields is an entirely different matter than forcibly reactivating an Evangelion and somehow wresting control from three of the greatest supercomputers in the world, Ty," she adds, turning to the First Children. "What you can do now, and hopefully what you have the potential to do, looks to be under your control. Layla, on the other hand, seemed incapable of self-restraint. By the simulation's end, Layla and Unit-01 had caused nearly as much collateral damage as the three of you put together. What if it hadn't just been a simulation? The only one who we truly regard as a 'time bomb' is Layla."

"If you are so keen on me treating you all equally, so be it. The briefing will have to wait for another time. Captain Elvenes, return to your quarters. I will deal with these four." Outside in the hallway, more than a dozen Section 2 special agents, clad in their iconic black suits, quietly assemble.