View Single Post

Thread: Shadowrun Topic(Talk & Questions)

1. - Top - End - #57
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Shadowrun Topic(Talk & Questions)

Now we're getting into GM preferences and roleplaying. Do you like showing off and taking advantage of all the wealth you spent? Or does the handwaving allow you to shave off 8k-10k from your expenses with little downside other than eating a lot of McSoy burgers off the value menu.

If the pay doesn't rise, (or inversely, the runs per month doesn't increase) I'll consider downgrading my lifestyle to save nuyen for a fancy piece of cyberware. We're all new to shadowrun, except me + 1 other guy, so the GM is trying to play by the book. Keyword trying.

I'd feel bad pushing the GM to essentially punish the other players for lifestyle choices, especially when they're new to the game. How can I make use of the high life? It's not luxury, but it might as well be compared to everyone else.
    The only benefit I can think of with a high lifestyle is the lower banking fees. One thing we discussed was if receiving large anonymous payments would impact our fake SINs. If you have a lifestyle, does it matter if you get wired a bunch of money? How should the GM rule because there's nothing in the book about the banking system other than credstick vs swiss bank account.
    Last edited by HMS Invincible; 2013-10-25 at 10:36 AM.