Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
Trains would be hella dangerous once they stop. Do you remember how much noise they make when they stop?! Every zombie within a couple miles of the station will likely start heading your way as soon as you stop moving. Better make your track switch and refuel fast and efficient, and pray there arent many already at the station to deal with first. Also, you mentioned blockades and such, you are aware that trains dont stop fast right? If there is a blockade of some sort, chances are you and everyone on the train will die because you wont be able to stop before hitting it and that will knock the entire train off the tracks.
Two points:
1-If I am going to drive a train anywhere, I'm going to take it slow and steady in the first place. Particularly for the reasoning of such barricades being likely. Also, mass being a factor in stopping distance, I'm going to use as few cars as possible.
2-For pulling into a station/rail yard, I would do my best to coast in, rather than slam on brakes, mostly for the reasons of minimizing noise. Still going to produce noise though, but less is good.