You sleep soundly (relatively speaking for sleeping on slabs of rock). You are woken with a painful pinch on your big toes by a Scizor. Motions for you to follow it, leading you back through the gym. You pass through the observation deck, the field being a disappointingly simple open field for exhibition matches. Instead of heading into the display room, you turn right and into what seems like a lounge area. Byron was in there, guzzling a steaming pot of coffee, straight from the pot.

He gasped, steam flitting from his mouth. Look who's awake. Here. His stubby finger hit the TV remote, the set snapping on, already on the news. A female news anchor in a conservative red dress spoke into a microphone, a portrait of fire behind her and the words "BLAZING SLATEPORT" in bold black letters. And welcome back, I'm Maria Segaro, your Sinnoh Direct news anchor. As you all know a 8 days ago, a massive fire broke out in Slateport Docks.

The image swapped to footage of the night. Shaky camera's showing burning buildings, ships, the docks, quickly swapping between them. The Hoenn Ranger Corps have been hard at work, spending night and day in search of the culprits. While the entirety of the docks had burned to cinders in the fire, as well as 94% of the ships docked there, the Rangers report they found accelerantes on the hull of the USS Tidus that had not completely submerged. They have identified it as Devon Corporations special fuel blend they synthesized in Slateport. Derelict crews have been taking accounts of all submerged vessels, and have finally determined the total of the damage. Of the 94% of ships destroyed, the only ones to escape the blaze was a patrol boat the Dock Guards had been found on on Slateport beach, a personal yacht that was at sail when the blaze started and Captain Stern's personal Skiff which is still unaccounted for. The crews dredged up a fueling ship set out from the docks. Rangers believe the culprits stole the the fueling ship using it to spread fuel as the accelerant. Rangers believe Stern's Skiff was their chosen getaway vessel.

The camera changed again, showing a live aerial view of Slateport's western coast. The docks, which had extended out into the bay by half a wile were gone, the wreckage of ships visible through the mostly still water. Clear charred paths streaked into the city, one going as far as 20 city blocks inwards. The fire quickly spread from the docks to adjacent warehouses. The Fire Department responded in record time, but the blaze was particularly intense. Figures are still coming in, but the estimated death total is over 1000, with over 300 people still in critical condition at Slateport General and hundreds more with minor injuries. The city has been shaken by this attack, and citizens fear how they will recover. The Docks were the main source of jobs in the city, leaving most of the city now unemployed. The estimated property damage is well over $1 billion.

The screen changed again, to a video of a press release from Ranger Alpha Simon. We are currently investigating this incident. We hav strong evidence this is a coordinated attack, and as of yet we do not suspect a connection to the attack of the Celadon Warehouse. We ask you please remain calm and let the Rangers do their job. The screen returned to the reporter. Simon went on to explain the intensity of the fire was due to the accelerant used. The fuel blend used by Devon Corp is highly efficient and burns cleanly, but when in uncontrolled environments, it creates high intense flames. Captain Stern has refused to talk to the media about this issue, claiming grief for his lost work.

And that is today's news, thank you for-
Maria was interrupted, as she looked down to the left, lifting a finger to her ear. Hold on folks, it seems we have breaking news here. An anonymous patron has brought up new video of the incident. Jimmy play the video. The video changed to a grainy, poor quality video, aimed at the blazing docks. Based on how much of the docks remained it was very early during the blaze. "Oh my Arceus! Oh! MY! ARCUES! the cameraman was panting heavily, based on the jostling was likely running while recording. Dude are you seeing this? Ya dude I'm recording. A familiar screech of metal bending and breaking, and then something large plunging into they bay. What was that!? Dude over there! The camera swung around suddenly, pointing over the newly toppled silo, a hand appearing in the far right corner pointing. You recognized the Muk as it started to forming before lunging after you. Oh man what is that thing!? Why was it in that silo? I dunno man, this is too freaky. The camera had stabilized as the cameraman stopped running. The camera kept trained on the Muk as it lunged at your boat. Oh dude, its attacking that boat, zoom in! Zoom in! I got it, I got it! The camera shook before zooming in suddenly, taking a moment to focus. The zoom went in and out till it got a clear view of the boat in the Muk's hands.

The video continued on like this for roughly 2 minutes, as it recorded your battle. It zoomed in on each of you as you fought, making sure your fake uniforms and helmets were in full view. The cameraman and his friend continued their color commentary during the fight, before cheering as you felled it. Dude that was so metal! I know! Go Helmet guys! Get out of there before you burn down! A warning flashed on screen, saying the batteries were dieing before the video ended. The screen returned to the reporter, with a look of awed silence. There was no noise, no sound for a solid minute. That was... incredible folks. Jimmy, bring up time 2:03 on screen please. The image behind her changed to the freeze frame she requested. It was an image of the ship as it peeled off towards the open water. She clicked a few times on the screen, zooming in on the tail, bringing the ships moniker into focus. I can confirm it here folks, the culprits were the ones responsible for the deaths of the helicopter crews of Slateport Daily, as well as the confirming they had stolen Stern's Skiff. Chilling indeed folks. We will bring you more as this develops.

The screen shut of as Byron smashed the button. Not what you wanted to hear was it?