View Single Post

Thread: A Thin Blue Line

1. - Top - End - #41
    Bugbear in the Playground

Devil

Default Re: A Thin Blue Line

((To clarify, the number 1 wasn't painted on the victim, it was painted on the trunk of the tree the victim was hanging from.))

"No idea," Adamson answers. "Beyond your own guess that we're looking at a serial killer. It's definitely not a Wolfpack thing. They're subtle. They outsource, kill by proxy, keep their own hands clean. We've had a damned hard time tying them to their handiwork. What you're describing is more flagrant than normal for them. Perhaps this big operation of theirs is about moving more into the open, or maybe they brought in a ringer that's more of a loose canon than they thought.

"In any event, I do acknowledge your right to investigate a body found on your turf, even if the victim was one of our own and even if we are far more familiar with the principle actors and environment. I would propose a joint investigation, except I know your Lieutenant would decline." Adamson transfers a look at Lieu-Lou which isn't... quite... a glare, and she returns it in equal measure. "That being the case, the 23rd will launch its own investigation. I hope that the two can cooperate and that we won't step on each others' toes too much.

"Oh, and the paraphernalia in Rodrick's car was normal for him. He had to carry it around when he was officially with the force, because he was on the list of officers to call in to a bomb threat, and he wasn't the sort to get rid of a kit like that just because he was no longer officially on the list of people who might need it."
    Last edited by Reltzik; 2013-11-11 at 12:47 PM.
    I'm not an evil GM! Honest!