1. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Default Re: War of the Five Kings [IC]

Quote Originally Posted by NightNeko View Post
    Lord Eddard Blackstone
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I saw 'em runnin' like cats through shadows!" the old man bursts out, before any of the guards can reply. "Cloaked, Stranger types out by the river while I was out working the fields, m'lord. They... they were talkin' about lots'a stuff. B-but then they went on to talkin' about their plans. My boy was out playin' by the old willow, and they stabbed 'im clear as day, right in 'is shoulder before they made a run for it! B-but nobody would listen to me. Everybody's too scared to babble on 'em! Me boy 'eard everythin' they were sayin', but he's still out for it back at the farm. Couldn’t get much out of ‘im before he passed out. It’s bloody nonsense, I tell you! What kind of people you got runnin’ about this place, eh? Stabbin’ their own kind in broad daylight. Ain’t they supposed to be smarter than that, m’lord?"

The old man looks dead-center at Lord Blackstone's eyes. Everything he's saying seems to be completely and utterly truthful. "He 'eard 'em talkin' though, he did. They was plottin' to start some revolution, or some such, m'lord!" The guards turn their gaze to Lord Blackstone, as if to await an answer from him, as they too seem to believe that the man is telling the truth; however over exaggerated it might seem.
    Eddard Blackstone
    Spoiler
    Show
    "...I ought to chastise you for speaking out of turn, and questioning my leadership," Eddard says, levelling his gaze on the old man, "but you're obviously distressed. Be glad that there are no true strangers here." Indeed, there was no one here who had forgotten the burning of the Sept, who might mistake Eddard's mercy for weakness. "Take this man to the guest rooms, see that he remains comfortable there for now." The cells meant for noble hostages were as well furnished as many actual guest rooms, and in theory were to serve as overflow bedrooms in the event of a sufficiently large event, so the euphemism wasn't even a lie. Of course, he'd hang the man as a murderer once this was over, but for now any lead to this latest treason was handy. Someone was up to something, or the late Jon Arryn would have reported rather sooner. "Find his son, as well, and bring him to the Black Roost, for questioning and for the attention of Maester Jeor." Of course, Eddard had spent long enough in the Citadel that he could justifiably claim to assist the maester in this endeavour, while taking the opportunity to see that no harm was done.
    Last edited by Omegonthesane; 2013-11-12 at 04:44 AM.