The best advice I can give for running a Saga Game is stick to the movies. Stick to that feel. Go for the space western, people on rundown hunk'o'junk spaceships flying around blasting people who get in their way and also trying to fight against the evil government. And no, not firefly, but Star Wars!
Don't make the Force technical; make it mysterious. Make the Dark Side easy and seductive, faster, better in the short term but not in the long run. Start each game with some text and a crawl, and end each one on a cliffhanger. Have evil villains and anti-heroes, villains you hate to love and love to hate, heroes who you can identify with, and stuff like that.

Also, single boss fights don't work well in this system, but neither does tons of mooks (one of em will crit by accident. I took out two players in one round because the SBDs got three crits right off the bat). If you have a sith fight make sure that the other characters stay relevant. And above all do not make it 'The Further Adventures of Jediboy! and his friends'
I did steal that line from someone above, but it is still relevant