1. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Default Re: [PF/DSP] Dreamscarred Press announces ToB-inspired product II: The Rematch

Quote Originally Posted by Metahuman1 View Post
    I like Miyamoto Mushashi as much as the next guy but he didn't use duel katana. He used single sword, spear, Ju-jitsu, Iai-jutsu, Wakazashi, Katana + Wakazashi and just a freaking stick or boat ore, but he didn't really do Katana + Katana.

So, how would this be relevant, if I wanted to be Mushashi I'd just be content with one handed sword or sword + short sword. That's not what I'm angleing for here.

Also, I like the idea of a feat that lets you duel wield 1 handed weapons at no extra penalty. Maybe go a step further and make it let you duel wield at a -2 to AC instead of attack as Raven777 suggested.

And while were at it, as a special deal, if a soul knife takes this feat, he can manifest 2 one handed swords instead of just two lights or a light and a one handed.
    I bring it up as a point in favor of what Errant said.

Also:

Jotungrip (Ex)

At 2nd level, a titan mauler may choose to wield a two-handed melee weapon in one hand with a –2 penalty on attack rolls while doing so. The weapon must be appropriately sized for her, and it is treated as one-handed when determining the effect of Power Attack, Strength bonus to damage, and the like.

This ability replaces uncanny dodge.
    I've been theorycrafting a Cloud Strife build using lots of dex, Weapon Finesse, two Elven Curved blades, Improved Crit and the Beast Totem powers to achieve total dual-wielding ridiculousness. I sincerely hope that any martial archetype for the Barbarian will be compatible with Titan Mauler.

*TotallynotlookingatErrant*
    Last edited by Beowulf DW; 2013-11-23 at 07:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Fortunately, a Monk 1/Warblade 19 uses Iron Heart Surge to end the Monk character class, and the day is saved.