1. - Top - End - #268
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: The Forbidden Land of Sundara: Insurgency IC

Feeona appeared grateful when Khallis gave their deployments and decreed none would be abandoned. It was only after listening that she appeared sceptical at Shenra hoping to utilize the orcs for claiming a wagon. Getting quietly past the knights would be difficult, trusting a people known more for violence than subtlety a gamble, and trusting those people when drunk a challenge. But spellcasters often did the remarkable as though it were the mundane, so she didn't question if it could happen. Instead what compelled her to speak were the issues of the monstrous logistics being implied.

Fifty mounted knights were reported,” she reminded, gently. “One hundred infantry. But never wagons. Loading and deploying that many isn't subtle. Our intelligence would have known. Before I was deployed, rumours went the alchemists were creating something cruel, an airborn ailment. Like a cloudkill. They've had at it for at least half a year. Poison may be present, but I'd question the size of the payload. It could be much smaller than we're thinking. Two wagons, maybe. A vial of poison per trusted knight, perhaps. ” Feeona shrugged despite no one being able to discern it while she wore her armour. “We won't know until Ras returns. Besides, before we assumed any of this, the Order appear hopeful we might attack close to were we think those would-be wagons are. Getting around a lot of wagons with that many mounted knights would be a nightmare in itself, and I have to doubt they would rely on the infantry to shield it truly. That's no trap at all.

Her lip was given no quarter as she started chewing at it again. “We need that scouting information. It's impossible to say where Ross' command begins and Wessing's ends. For all we know, the person we hoped to be the Hound is no more than another to bait us in, the infantry that would appear to challenge us actually parchment-thin, and the gas we think there what they'd unleash when we move for the kill. We just don't know until Shenra divines more of the truth. It's all a lot to consider and I'm not sure if we haven't let a matter slip. What should we do for Lord Fharel? Even if it isn't clear who our traitor is, and we chance saying nothing of it to start, we should send word if we know poison's a likelihood. Everything Shenra can divine. Anything else?

Spoiler
    Show
    Speech tags are so difficult sometimes. I editted them about 4 times before they worked.
    Last edited by Star_In_a_Sky; 2013-11-26 at 05:21 PM.
    Hot then you're cold.