Thread: Total War - Icon City (IC)

1. - Top - End - #147
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Total War - Icon City (IC)

Lazarus Technologies

Foundation (E)
    Spoiler
    Show
    We will keep your offer in mind, but I'd like to get my company up on its feet with its own product before I start sharing my technology.

And if you learn anything about the Peabody Labs incident, please inform me. FEMA's involvement bodes ill for the city, and I'd like to help avert a potential disaster if I can.

Super-PAC (E)
    Spoiler
    Show
    FEMA has been silent with us as well and the Foundation doesn't know anything either... The agency's involvement, and things we've recently learned from talking around town, indicates bad things may be happening. I will do what I can, but my hands are tied by the nature of things.

As for data, I am certainly still interested in a mutual exchange but I am unsure how soon I would be available to do so. But what exactly would you be interested in? I hope to find out as much as you'd be willing to tell me about the corporations and government of the city.

OOC: Movers and Shakers 2 & 3, but I understand if you don't want to offer the latter. What would you like? And I may have to do the trade next turn, because my actions are being spread a bit thin right now. Depends on how a few actions go as to whether I'll be able to do anything this turn. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Gilgamesh (E)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, the humours... I recall learning of those in my med school days. I am certainly glad we have moved past our more simple methods of healing. Science as a whole has progressed much in the time you've been gone, and I'd be honored to help you catch up with the times.

And, don't worry, my interest is simply scholarly. I do not intend to begin pursuing the occult outside of a basic understanding of its mechanisms and the related people of the city. Though if I could possibly find a way to integrate magic into my healing and biological researches... No matter. Those are thoughts for another time.

OOC: I'll put the action in my internal! Thank you Eldan.

Banker's Dozen (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: INCOMPLETE. I'll finish this up once I get lunch. For now this is just scraps thrown together from past messages and my plans. He sounds distinctly un-Mordin in emails because his people have to edit those, but I'm not sure if I should actually have him talk like the good doctor. It's very tempting...

Arriving well before the arranged meeting time, Professor Lazarus collects his documents and thoughts in preparation for his presentation.

----

"As of this moment, I plan on developing an unobtrusive device to monitor and record lifesigns, with the capability of sending an alert if values enter dangerous levels or for data to be pulled from the device by the user or medical personnel. This is largely intended as a platform for future enhancements to serve a variety of services and tasks. For corporate environments, I plan an upgrade involving near-field technology to develop a form of "keyring" matched to one's own DNA and for the device to include basic communication channels. Expanding off of that, Military and Police could use a more secure form of device with an enable HUDs to allow squads of to stay in contact and be capable of monitoring each other's locations and conditions. For more consumer applications, I could program it to be capable of reading hand gestures or voice communications in order to use the same output to control various other technologies.

At a most basic level, I intend to create a device that anyone could use and would be unobtrusive enough that no one would have much a reason to not utilize it if they purchased it. The medical purposes are largely to give an incentive to buy it as an emergency call, but I want to keep on adding features on to it that the common consumer would be interested in having it for the utility it provides."

Internal (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    2 Actions to trade Eldan for Database - Magic 1, one Follower, one VIP.

Spend a VIP action to talk to Banker's Dozen.

Would it be 5 Cash for an isolated office with a basement and a lab then? I'll take it! My current location will hopefully only be a backup or for the things I couldn't hide doing in Health Services, and this way I can at least seem to be a normal faction.

Possible turn actions (just to see what I have open or don't):
    2 actions investigating Peabody (Follower and VIP)
    (Maybe) 2 actions searching the woods for Peabody's beastie (May count as the same part of the above, but the hope is to be able to grab any data / files / information / equipment / experiments / products I can from the lab if I can with that one. This would be trying to capture (ideally in a peaceful manner) the experiment. Also a Follower and VIP)
    2 action for Ouroboros product (Probably also a Follower and VIP...)
    Last edited by Nemesis67; 2013-11-27 at 04:38 PM.