View Single Post

Thread: Strange Fortune

1. - Top - End - #1030
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Strange Fortune

Valette finishes her breakfast and stands. "Now that we're in town, I've got a few errands I can get done. I'll see you back here tonight. Let me know how the investigation goes." Picking up her pack, Valette hurries out into the brisk air, with Eyne fluttering behind.

Spoiler
    Show
    no, she doesn't just drop dead now that she's not being played

After completing their meal in a more leisurely manner, everyone gets ready to leave. Yasha makes a brief trip upstairs to grab his gear. When he returns, his robes bulge around his half-plate. A morning star hangs at his side. Soon you step out into the crisp mountain air of the Ayolo morning.

The streets are devoid of crowds and bystanders this early in the morning. Everyone you see is hurrying this way and that, so you make good time to the police station. A different watchman is on duty at the front desk, but he quickly waves you through.

As you go down the steps and reach the morgue, something feels... off. The stairwell in front of the old wooden door is warmer than you remember last night. Whiskey and Arf especially feel the wrongness, the oily foulness of something unnatural.
    Last edited by Aeti; 2013-12-02 at 01:54 PM. Reason: valette doesn't exclamation mark things