Quote Originally Posted by TinSoldier View Post
I'm not too crazy about the words "gobwin", "dwagon", and "spidew", but I really get a kick out of "croakamancer", "findamancer", etc. I think that is one of the many things that adds a unique flavor to the setting.
I'm with TinSoldier here. I hate little-kid speak--I don't much like it from children (no child of mine will ever say pasghetti more than once) and I can't STAND it from adults. The "croakamancer" etc variety of substitutions is pretty funny, though.

Overall? Meh. I thought some of the jokes were pretty amusing (I like the walnuts turning to pigeons) and that some of the characters had promise. I'm sort of ambivalent toward the art, but then I'm not much of a connoisseur of comic art (my main requirement is that it doesn't get in the way, and this doesn't). I'm sure I'll keep reading it on OOTS off-days, and I'd love to be pleasantly surprised with its ability to keep my attention.

By the way, the Updates banner over Erfworld is the same as the one over OOTS--updating Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays--any simple way to fix this?