Quote Originally Posted by QueerKitty View Post
But yeah, "man in a woman's body" and "woman in a man's body" is just old cissexist crap.
I don't particularly appreciate being told part of my identity is cissexist crap.

and to segue into a longer rant not directed at anyone in particular - this sort of thing is why I don't have much to do with the LGBT+ community outsdie this thread. I mean we're proclaiming we're "all inclusive" but how many times have I been shamed for being traditionally femme (hur, makeup is evul, death to traditional gender roles, if you're trans and want to be pretty you're internalising cissexism and misogyny!), been made to feel like I'm wrong for talking about how I'm upset I never got to wear a pretty dress for my 16th birthday, or to graduation, or that I had to hide away learning to walk in heels rather than have fun doing it. Made to feel like I'm a traitor or not properly trans/bi/feminist for wanting to be pretty and cute. When media is discussed and everyone homes in on how problematic it is that they're showing things I've always dreamt of having - going from my quiet, sullen existence to being a beautiful vibrant princess is the stuff my dreams were made of, yet seein ghtat is "problematic". Yes, I know the problem is that that is the only story given, but it is so hard to be in the LGBT+ / feminist culture when everything seems to be attacking your identity for being to blame.
I have had to live my whole ****ing life being a victim of the patriarchy and transphobia, so don't go telling me what I feel is wrong. Yes, I want to have a partner who'll look after me; yes, the idea of wearing dresses, doing my makeup and being a housewife appeals to me; and, yes, I sometimes do feel like a woman in a man's body.
But you know what? That's me and if someone's experience of being Trans, or a lesbian, or a woman is different I don't care so long as they are living that way willingly. And I've been in a relationship where I was abused and raped, so I ****ing know the difference between being happily not wearing the pants and the world ****ing me over.

Labels should be descriptive, not proscriptive, and if someone is comfortable with one and you don't like it - go **** yourself.