View Single Post

Thread: Reincarnation wars.

1. - Top - End - #266
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Reincarnation wars.

Time clears her throat, and Death plops to the floor, arms wrapped around her legs, staring raptly up at Time.

You are all together, Time says. It is not a question.

I shall show you one way of things. It may not be what will happen. There are unaccounted for aspects, and I do not, despite my name, have enough time to sift through them all.

Her eyes spin, each one in a different direction. When they stop with a click, they are eyes no more. Each one is a hourglass. As you watch, they turn over, once, and then again. Golden sand in one and silver in the other trickle down constantly.

Death snuggles up to Daniel. It's just getting to the good part, she whispers to him.

The one you seek is slaughter, the oracle intones.

you will confront him in the form of a man known as Jack the Ripper. He is strong. However.

The oracle does not finish her sentence. Rather, all at once you are standing in a dilapidated building. A man in a black suit and bowler hat lies dead on the snow that drifts through the ruined ceiling. His face is twisted in a grimace, and a pair of ruined gloves lie beside him. You shiver. A cold wind blows through, carrying the Oracles voice. You will defeat him.

All at once you are back in the cluttered room.
    See? Isn't it great? Death whispers.

I love it when she does the pictures!

Or...
    Times voice is lost amid the noise. The far wall is torn open, by what looks to be a hand crafted of bone, sinew and iron forces its way through, staining the carpet with the blood dripping off the talons. A nightmare of a body burst through after that. Splinters go flying into your eyes, as a 10 foot tall form steps into the room. The air fills with the smell of blood, the cloying sweet scent of rot and the sound of ripping bone. The form stalks toward the Oracle, it's grey skinless flesh rippling, the red veins standing out.

Come my friends and breath your last,
    all will be forgotten.
    Nothing left but pain and terror,
    blood and meat all rotten,

The being croons. He grins at you, his teeth rusted iron, and thrusts his claw through the Oracles back.
    His hand erupts through her chest, between her breasts, dripping gore on her jacket.

Her body falls to the floor, sliding off his arm, You here bones snap and crack as the being steps on Time, towards you.
    Death wimpers, and buries her face in Daniels chest. The hooked hand reaches toward her, seizing her hair.

The being vanishes. From where the Oracle lies on the floor, her voice whispers.

That is Slaughter. Go quickly. The ship will take you there.

Deaths tears slowly wet Daniels shirt.
    Last edited by D20ragon; 2013-12-30 at 12:49 PM.
    Washed up Gm in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenChord View Post
    This seems like a level of crazy-talk only you could accomplish.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Mick View Post
    ... I've played a few games with D20ragon as GM in the past, and I have to vouch for his skill - he's an excellent writer, his world-building is top-notch ... and his games are, while sometimes too ambitious, some of the most fun to be had on these boards.
    avatar by the marvelous asdflove