Quote Originally Posted by 123456789blaaa View Post
If the WG truly has no limits, than doesn't that mean that he could somehow eat the cookie without breaking his diet? If he's still restrained by logic, than he still has limits no?
Descartes answer on the nature of omnipotence is that it indeed can do the highly illogical and actively contradictory. Literally: just 'cuz anything means anything.

We mere mortals merely cannot grasp such a concept very well.

Other views are out there. I'm with Mr. Thinker myself on omnipotence but see the others as more "defining" omnipotence then ascribing true limits. Because most of these sorts of logic bombs arise from toying with things defined to be the opposite of one another, I'd argue that omnipotence creating a limited situation with an opposite that then counters... isn't a meaningful limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Cikomyr View Post
It doesn't matter if the limits are self-imposed or not. They are still limits. And whatever reasons the WG have for following them, it's stronger than his desires to interfere.

Maybe it for morality. Maybe it's because it's some sort of covenant with another entity. Who knows?
Well a self-imposed limitation would allow for say a hypothetical Godzilla Threshold at which they would be disregarded. And merely 'logical' limitations aren't going to be terribly meaningful unless for some reason there is someone that can break those.

And the more practical end of this is how far up can our stakes go?

Like the Outsider conflict, could be more of a "turf war" for supernatural entities like the Faires and there would be limits on what Outsiders could do to the mortal (living and dead) world even in victory for example. As opposed to say the absolute annhilation of everything by eldritch and alien entities.