I think it's too early to make an assessment. Overall, it's interesting and given its 8:30 PM lineup next to the 8 PM hit show OOTS, I would expect to read it on a regular basis. It would have a harder time reaching audience as a standalone site, but the downside is that it receives criticisms by people who would have otherwise ignored it. On the whole, a reasonable bargain.

As far as "childspeak", I originally didn't quite understand what it was even referring to. I take worlds on their own terms. The hammer coloring was silly, but I have no pwablem with the words or amusing styles. (Dragon Half is one of my favorite animes, and this comic reminds me of it a bit.) I definitely don't want the artists to feel like they have to adapt to the whims of a vocal few. It seems like some people are expecting OOTS, and this is not OOTS nor is it trying to be.

I liked the first page quite a bit, so that probably helped. The gem story and its effects was a nice touch. And little bits like Elvis gods, slow motion action, and daemon table provide some nice rereadability.

As for point of view, I'm presuming Lady Firebaugh is at least one point. As for more, it's too early to see, but she's clearly a sympathetic character whose fortunes and misfortunes could result in much amusement. (In the way that stories with Redcloak are a pleasure to read.)