View Single Post

Thread: [Nexus] MagCave VII: Rest for the Wicked

1. - Top - End - #275
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] MagCave VII: Rest for the Wicked

Birthdaytok

"Hey, you saved the day in the crazy flying machine," Happy reminds him. Then he gets introspective. Happy makes a mental note to google Frank Frazetta, but then covers her silence with a few bites of cake.

"I think it's... both," she finally says. "It was only five years ago that we started GLoG, but they were a long five years. We were saving the world. We both died, more than once. We've lost people we loved. That would make anyone feel old. But then there are people around us who have aged far more than five years, like Quinn's kids, or the Xar'Cha twins. So maybe we're in a go-slow field compare to the rest of the world, or maybe it's all timey-wimey stuff, or maybe it doesn't matter so much because no matter how old you are, you'll never be old, because you're the most exciting person I've ever known."
    She could have said all of this to him without embarrassment before, but now every word was heavy with possibility. Her eyes stay on her cake except for one glance towards him at the end, quickly averted when their eyes almost meet. It might be enough time for Magtok to notice her face reddening.

Mofftok

Mofftok sighs, and runs his fingers through his hair.

Which of course only covers the fleshy half of his head. No wonder he had his hood up. "Listen, Magtok, can we start over? Get coffee or something? I don't know how this happened, and I don't have anyone else to turn to."

And then he gives Magtok the eyes. Yes, those eyes.

"Please?"

Of course it probably is only half as effective due to one of the eyes being a glowing red cyborg eye, but it's still a hard look to say no to.
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2013-12-27 at 07:36 AM.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs