[Clouds Over Bridle Shores]

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
"...Mr. Prose, are you distressed?"
Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin360 View Post
"Cadance in blue." Snowstorm mutters. "I'm sorry, Prose. I know that topic can bring back some bad memories for the 'Bolts..."
The batpony tilts his head a bit to the two mares, and gives a small, aloof shrug. "Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori," Prose observes with poetic thoughtfulness, before cracking a small, wry smile. "Granted, none of my unit would have mori'd for our patria thanks to a few idiot marauders with no real training, even if they did have vastly superior numbers." He quips, before pausing to ponder a moment.

"Of course, it's a moot point, since those frumpy nobles in Canterlot would pitch a fit over such a 'waste of valuable military resources' if Shadowbolts were used against 'common thugs,' regardless of the actual threat they posed to the citizens of our great nation or our allies. So because of political idiocy, my squadron was never sent to purge a stronghold of rag-tag bandits, or to assassinate their leaders and throw them into disarray, or to do recon and leak strategic intel on marauder activities to, say, the Saddle Arabians for their benefit."

His smile fades into a faint, sly smirk. "Officially, at least."

Spoiler
Show

Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori
"It is sweet and fitting to die for your country."