Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin360 View Post
"Yeah, and then we can track down the author, pull royalties."

"Bearing in mind that Helping Hoof is an actual spy and assassin..."

"Really? That's so cool!"

"Hm. Mmhmm. Apparently the word is correct, it's just one of those words with...'relatively inscrutable context'. Uhm, 'encouragement', maybe?"
"Better... Wait, an assassin? Are they good at it?"

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin360
"What does excite you, anyway? Poetry, theater, chess, muffins? Everypony needs a hobby."

"A hobby aside from fantasizing about fighting everything, since this is Stellar talking."

"That's my day job, not my hobby."
Blades got a strange gleam in her eyes, but said nothing.

"I am... unsure." Flare thought some more, than smiled. "But perhaps now is a good time to experiment. I should try to experience some of those things and see how they are."

"Well, I know one of 'em that ya'll get a chance to try!"

"Just one. He was raised by dolphins, though." She pauses. "Yeah, my family is weird."
Given what I know of dolphin psychology, it is probable that seaponies raised by dolphins would have stronger criminal inclinations than most other ponies.

"...Should I inquire as to the diversity of your heritage, or is it for the better if I remain uninformed?"

"I'll put a hoof in if another war starts to break out, sure."
"Good. No matter where you are from, your first duty is always to righteousness."

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
The batpony tilts his head a bit to the two mares, and gives a small, aloof shrug. "Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori," Prose observes with poetic thoughtfulness, before cracking a small, wry smile. "Granted, none of my unit would have mori'd for our patria thanks to a few idiot marauders with no real training, even if they did have vastly superior numbers." He quips, before pausing to ponder a moment.

"Of course, it's a moot point, since those frumpy nobles in Canterlot would pitch a fit over such a 'waste of valuable military resources' if Shadowbolts were used against 'common thugs,' regardless of the actual threat they posed to the citizens of our great nation or our allies. So because of political idiocy, my squadron was never sent to purge a stronghold of rag-tag bandits, or to assassinate their leaders and throw them into disarray, or to do recon and leak strategic intel on marauder activities to, say, the Saddle Arabians for their benefit."

His smile fades into a faint, sly smirk. "Officially, at least."
"You are correct. They were young and reckless, so a concentrated effort against them early on could have dispersed them easily." Blueshield sighed. "So naturally, they were left alone to be dealt with 'later', rather than stopped before they became a threat. They were not treated as a serious issue, so they became one.

"Of course, I must question whether, had you and your companions been permitted to act against these crimes, you would be capable of harming a foal."

"Someone should tell said frumpy nobles that helping ponies in a crisis is never a waste. In fact, I'm sure somepony did. Off the record, maybe."
Blueshield nodded. "Had I the capability, I would provide the majority of the upper classes with a stern lecture on the importance of maintaining high quality of life for all ponies rather than merely power for themselves. It is only good fortune that the nobility of my homeland does not seem particularly interested in interfering with such affairs."

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
"Eeek..ah..sorry....I should have taken care of that before-hoof.." Prompter sheepishly smiled and flipped off the small switch on the side of the light-panel box.
"Ah, that's much better. Thanks."

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
Fact: This strange filly was lending a helping hoof.

Fact: This strange filly prevented (some) of the inevitable shocks coming his way.

Conclusion: Maintain holding pattern. Continue with task at hoof. Await the return of the 'ol brainpan.

"Right. Right. Thankee muchly." Sandy blankly recited to empty space between the two fillies. With stiff, mechanical movements, he manuevered the screwdriver in place and went to work on the rusted old screws. With the addition of Night Jewel's oil, the job went by quickly, and soon they'd reached the first moment of truth. "Ya'll might want t'up back...er, left to the right devices...clear the deck-battened-hatches...stand somewhere that ain't right here." Shaking off his twisted tongue, Sandy gingerly pried off the casing and lifted it free...
"You're welcome! So you think you can do this on your own, Sandy? This will be fun to watch."

Night Jewel stepped out of his way, although not too far back - if something went wrong, she wanted to be ready to step in again.