View Single Post

Thread: Random Banter D&D 3.5e Campaign IC

1. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Random Banter D&D 3.5e Campaign IC

Amanda takes a step back, then regains her composure. "Oh, my, lucky you, then, to be standing here! Here you go, young man! And you too, sir!" She hands Alphonse and Béla their envelopes. "Amanda Rhodri, at your service."

Spoiler: Alphonse's Letter
    Show
    Dear Alphonse;

It has been brought to my attention - by parties that wish to remain unnamed - that you have a certain talent for investigating unusual circumstances and exploring dangerous locales. Your presence is requested - but not required - at the feast tonight; if at all possible, please plan to attend. General Holtti and I wish to speak business with you, as we have been made aware that your skill with a variety of weapons - polearms in particular - is extensive, and wish you to employ your talent in these areas to our - mutual - ends. General Holtti has assured me that you will receive due recompense, should you accept our offer. Enclosed is an invitation with my signature; should anyone take issue with it, please refer them to me. As a gesture of my good will, I have taken the liberty of paying for a night's stay at the Hog's Head Inn.

In addition, I have been informed that the entertainment for tonight's feast is quite impressive. Even if you decline this offer, I encourage you to attend the feast for the food and entertainment.

Sincerely,
    Prince Wuscfrea

Spoiler: Béla's Letter
    Show
    Dear Béla;

It has been brought to my attention - by parties that wish to remain unnamed - that you have a certain talent for investigating unusual circumstances and exploring exotic locales. Your presence is requested - but not required - at the feast tonight; if at all possible, please plan to attend. General Holtti and I wish to speak business with you, as we have been made aware that your skill with magic - arcane magic, to be precise - is rather impressive, and wish you to employ your talent in this areas to our - mutual - ends. General Holtti has assured me that you will receive due recompense, should you accept our offer. Enclosed is an invitation with my signature; should anyone take issue with it, please refer them to me. As a gesture of my good will, I have taken the liberty of paying for a night's stay at the Hog's Head Inn.

In addition, I have been informed that the entertainment for tonight's feast is quite impressive. Even if you decline this offer, I encourage you to attend the feast for the food and entertainment.

Sincerely,
    Prince Wuscfrea

Each envelope also contains a small slip of parchment paper with a nigh-incomprehensible signature at the bottom.
    Last edited by Amidus Drexel; 2014-01-11 at 10:03 PM.
    A few odds and ends.