Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
"Seems like an intriguin' hypothsis. 'N some books are awful precise 'bout things that most ponies don't know 'bout, so maybe they're actually doin' that kind of thing!"

Flare flicked an ear. "Or they could have simply done their research. Does that still happen these days?"

"But that's not as fun! 'N 'round here, we get mostly what's excitin' over what's ordnary."
"It's possible, but difficult. You can't simply walk into an assassin school and ask for tips. Well, wait. Actually, you technically can, it just requires a specific political leaning."

Blades laughed. "Ya know, we could all go together! A lil' bondin' 'sperience for all of us!"

"As much as a bondin' sperience- bonding experience might appeal, the small one has a point. It might be best if we allowed ourselves to be exposed to more influences."

"Well, we can't all be gettin' cooped up in here all the time. It gets borin'! What do ya say, girls? Shall we have a lil' outing?"
"We could split up, maybe. Get the best of both worlds. Brains and Terra get worldly, and you and me can party it up."

At that moment, Arvadraa and Starbeam exchange a series of rapid expressions before falling back to their standards. While brief, the gist of it is essentially:

Please don't let them burn down the town.

I'm not going to let them burn down the town.

"Can I come with you?" Her tone indicates she's prepared to present a ten-page essay on the whys of her decision, but isn't sure it's necessary yet.

"Then I shall employ caution should I encounter him. I do not possess any desires to become a harem filly."
"I might as well stick up for him. He's not forceful and he's monogamous. You don't have anything to worry about. Unless you actually decide to make a move. I don't recommend that one; he has this thing about accumulating enemies and dangerous circumstances and his love interests have the life expectancy of goldfish." The last sentence comes out sharper than a blade, like someone trying too hard to make it sound like the words aren't causing them pain.

"A life as a wandering mercenary? Tempting, but disconnecting from the system costs you influence over it."
"You don't need to influence it if you and the ones you deal with are outside of it, though. In the case of events that take place outside of civilization, a badge won't do you much good anyway. For those that do...does it matter so much where the help comes from, as long as it's there?"