View Single Post

Thread: Random Banter D&D 3.5e Campaign IC

1. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Random Banter D&D 3.5e Campaign IC

"Oh, here you are, dear!" Amanda hands you your letter. "My, so many of you, all right next to each other! Are you traveling as a group?" She drifts off and begins to talk absentmindedly again. "I remember some groups of odd folk that passed through here just a few weeks ago... now, what were their names, Gregory... GREGO--"

At this moment, a short, muscular man with thinning black hair and a greying stubble bursts out of the inn's door. He speaks to Amanda in the same gruff voice that you heard in the crowd earlier. "Yes, woman, I'm here! There's no need to shout! Now, either leave these good people alone or sell them rooms already; there's a feast tonight, and you know that means people pay better." He slides up next to her and looks at the two remaining envelopes. "Espenshade, huh? I remember stopping by a tavern by that name a while ago... Espenshade's Easery, I think it was. Some of the best ale I ever got my hands on! I might even have a bottle down in the cellar, if you haven't drunk us dry yet, you old bat." He takes the other letter and motions for you to follow him inside. "If Amanda's not sold you a room yet, then I'll give it a shot, eh? Ha ha! And if I can't do that, then I'll give you a mug of ale for the trouble, anyway. Come on in!"

Spoiler: Tass
    Show

Dear Tass;

It has been brought to my attention - by parties that wish to remain unnamed - that you have a certain talent for investigating unusual circumstances and exploring exotic locales. Your presence is requested - but not required - at the feast tonight; if at all possible, please plan to attend. General Holtti and I wish to speak business with you, as we have been made aware that your knowledge of nature and the wilds is extensive - as well as your skills as a scout, and wish you to employ your talent in these areas to our - mutual - ends. General Holtti has assured me that you will receive due recompense, should you accept our offer. Enclosed is an invitation with my signature; should anyone take issue with it, please refer them to me. As a gesture of my good will, I have taken the liberty of paying for a night's stay at the Hog's Head Inn.

In addition, I have been informed that the entertainment for tonight's feast is quite impressive. Even if you decline this offer, I encourage you to attend the feast for the food and entertainment.

Sincerely,
    Prince Wuscfrea
    Last edited by Amidus Drexel; 2014-01-12 at 10:39 PM.
    A few odds and ends.