1. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: EMPIRE! A Community World-Building Tale of People & Discovery

Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Oh uh, Lord Burch, I kind of reserved the 18th region.......

Edit: Also seconding that question about our world being fantastical. Are we limited to being humans or can we be "Human palette swaps" and the like?
    As long as its decently recognizeable and playable in tabletop RPGs, you can have other races. You can have them be offshoots of the human race (with the more distant ones being more different) or be different species entirely (and thus unable to cross-breed with others).

Choose wisely.

Also, races of other sorts will not have any mechanical effect on play. Playing a strong race will simply make it so your army units are reduced in size to be effectively as strong as 1000 humans, though they will take up 1000 of your people still. This is to keep things fair, balanced and uncomplicated.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Burch View Post
    I, Lord David Bordeux claim region 18 as the new land of Bordeux. Lord Bordeux is 27 and married to Ygritte Firestone, the daughter of one of the more important trade families of the region. Ygritte is pregnant with the couple's second child; the heir, Lady Dalyetta, is 6.
    Region 18 has been claimed, as have all the others, sorry. I'll be adding in some more regions (and expand the map). Also, I'm amused by the name of the wife.

I'll temporarily close sign-ups later today, at least until the regions are all described. New players still have at least another 12 hours to sign up though. (Which would make it 24 hours since I posted this link around places.) This is partly to keep it within bounds at start, partly to ensure that regions don't go claimed and then nothing being done with them. Player involvement is key in any game, after all.

We will start once all characters have been statted and all regions have been fluffed (you don't have to fluff it much, stating the basic form of religion, three terrain features, three resources and one deficient resource, etc, are fine). Or on Sunday the 19th. Whichever comes sooner.

(Also, please make sure your region has one clear name I can put in the table.)

Also, OOC, what are the benefits of a Great Kingdom/Empire? I may go back and reassign my extra point, of that's allowed.
    Big projects may go a little faster, unless they are made bigger, such as a Great Wall encompassing more than one region's border.

Also, I was thinking it could enable you to vassalize new players. Like you are the Great King of 4 regions, and those 4 regions each have their rulers in the form of either NPCs or other players. When the time comes, I'll put rules in place to prevent vassal players from attacking their liege, of course, otherwise there'd be no incentive to get other players ruling parts of your Great Kingdom.

An Empire will gave the same benefits, but bigger.
    Last edited by Morph Bark; 2014-01-14 at 04:11 AM.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries