1. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Default Re: EMPIRE! A Community World-Building Tale of People & Discovery

Excuse me while I steal a template from Quintonbeck up above, then. I'll be claiming Region 21 with something that might prove just a little bit off the beaten path here.

Anyway, not quite done yet, but I figured I'd post what I have for now.

EDIT: Oh. Looks like somebody staked out a claim on the same spot while I was typing this up. Oops?

I'm gonna sit back and think about what to do on this one, since the terrain description (and everything that hinges on it as justification) suddenly no longer makes sense if I move it somewhere else.

The City-State of Ahuizartal
    Region 21
    BladeofOblivion

Ahuizartal
    Region 6, BladeofOblivion
    Terrain: Mountains, Valleys
    People: Human
    Resources: Bronze, Obsidian, Stone
    Imports: Slaves, Iron
    Religion: Full-on Polytheism
    Technologies: No additional technologies.

Spoiler: Terrain
    Show
    The Ahui Mountains are harsh to their inhabitants. The chilling air nips at the heels of all who enter, thanks to the elevation. Not a cloud hangs in the sky: The land is too far from the sea, and the wispy things that form despite this rarely survive the sharp winds of the Ahui. Volcanism offers no respite, for while the Ahui chain was active once upon a time, the last of its constituents fell dormant centuries ago. Without mercy, the sun beats down upon the land with zealous fervor.

Some men curse the brightness and rage of the sun, so amplified by the snow surrounding them and the complete lack of natural cover, but in truth it acts as a blessing: The mountains are arid thanks to the lack of any kind of precipitation, but the sun overhead helps to melt what snow there is and forces it to flow into the sheltered oases that form the base of towns and the valleys wherein most food is grown.

The Valleys between the high mountains are significantly more pleasant from an outside point of view: The winds are softer, the air warmer, and the rivers flow in from many directions. The post-volcanic soil is fertile, and the deep valleys between the towering Ahui Peaks produce a majority of the state's food.

The Xi Valley - The many valleys of the Ahui, at their southernmost points, converge into the great Xi. Their tributaries, each mighty on their own, all flow together as well, forming the Great Xi River, coursing through the valley's center and providing fresh water to all. The Xi Valley itself is home to the Fortress Xipoc, which stands guard against invasion from the South and protects the heartland valley from any who would with to slash and burn it.

The Fortress Gran -

Landmark #3 -

Spoiler: People
    Show
    The men and women of the Ahui are a hardy people, bred for survival in the rugged mountains.

Spoiler: Resources
    Show
    -

Spoiler: Religion
    Show
    -

Spoiler: Technologies
    Show
    Ahuizartal is currently at the early Medieval stage, with no additional technologies.

Gran Chimalli, the Feathered King

Spoiler: Family Tree
    Show
    BLAH BLAH BLAH

Diplomacy: A
    Military: B+1
    Curiosity: C
    Faith: D
    Luck: E

Regions Controlled: Ahuizartal (#21)
    Last edited by BladeofObliviom; 2014-01-14 at 06:13 PM.