Quote Originally Posted by avr View Post
The usefulness of the stats will change over time. No one cares about the diplomacy 5 special right now; faith 5 also looks like a long-term game; military 5 is declaring yourself a wannabe Napoleon (& so top on your neighbours' enemy list); luck 5 would probably be great but I'd prefer to see how it works via others. Curiosity 5 on the other hand lets me plan on having deep water ships first.
This is ignoring the general use for the stats and focusing solely on the specials. The game would be quite broken if the main point of the skills is to have one at 5 so you can do really cool stuff with it...

Quote Originally Posted by Arutha View Post
@rain dragon: I think we both understand the importance of cooperation . And unless it was a reference that I missed when I picked it up, then no it's not.

But really peace is good now. I'm fine with missionary's going the slow route and converting your people with friendship and not invasion. And trade is good for that, right. And I need food anyway, so we can team up. Besides, we've both got curiosity 5, so we can do smarty things .
Indeed, except for our religions. Our nations are more or less designed to not get along at all. Having some people converted to fire lord worship would distress the rest of the people, as the balance of spiritual energies would be upset thus causing the spirits to become angry.

I've seen a lot of people type 'Very Good Thing' in this manner and thought it was for emphasis. It's alright.

At the same time, your people need not worry about the people of Tekorva trying to harm you or convert you as they don't really have an organized religion yet and have no desire for violence unless it is necessary.

tl;dr. I would really have to think about trade. It would be a little risky I think.