1. - Top - End - #155
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: (PF) maggie's Rise of the Runelords: Skinsaw Murders IC

GM post

Setsuna

Spoiler
    Show
    Will Save: (1d20+5)[20] - passed

Setsuna does not manage to use Detect Thoughts on the Doctor.

For a moment, you can sense the shape of the minds around you - Sirus, blazing bright, honed and sharp as steel - Brin, teasing, cloud-like, slipping through your fingers. As your gaze hits the Doctor, standing uneasily by the door, however, there is the feel of a door abruptly slammed shut, nearly causing you to physically jerk away. Should you chance to look at the Doctor's face, you find him staring hawk-like back at you in mingled horror and suspicion. While he likely has no idea of your spell, he can certainly sense the inadvertent attempt to pry apart his mental defences, and he does not like it one bit.

Sirus and Brin and Setsuna

"P-place?" Grayst continues to breathe in and out heavily, gulping for air. "Preciouss, he said. P-prrrecious. Preciouss. Prrecioussss..." The man's voice trails off as if lost in wandering thought, rocking to and fro once more. Over at the door, the Doctor stops glaring at Setsuna long enough to frown worriedly at his patient.

"I gorrit!" Grayst suddenly beams up at Sirus and surges upright, exposing his loose yellowed teeth once more, giving him an unfortunate resemblance to a whipped horse. "I juss' have to kill yoo fust," explains the madman hungrily, tugging furiously at the leather restraints of the strait-jacket with a strength and energy he shouldn't possess. "Then hiss Lordsship. He woo'nt love yoo noo more. He'd love mee 'stead. And he'd bite on them tooo, bringgem back. Make them hisss. Like mee..."

Despite his illness, Grayst is powerfully built and in his perplexing eagerness to free himself and kill Sirus, the canvas stitching of the strait-jacket actually begins to pop loose. On his part, the Doctor actually gives a little squeak of alarm as Grayst rises to his feet. Retreating back out the door, he rapidly tugs twice on a thick tasseled rope hanging by a lamp before hollering down the stairs.

"Patient's loose! Get up here right now!"

Sirus, Brin, and Setsuna have one round's time to do something about Grayst. If Grayst manages to free himself, combat will begin in the next round.

Taladron, Rico, and Red

"Ah. A Scarnetti man was murdered, eh? Interesting. Interesting indeed." Gortus strokes his chin with exaggerated carefulness. "Connected in what way, I wonder? Perhaps by certain signs? A hanging, perhaps? Calculated to send a message? Lord Titus, he-"

Just at that moment, the Doctor's frantic cry for help reaches those waiting by the door. Without as much as a mutual glance of understanding, the two tieflings immediately draw truncheons from their belts before turning and charging through the door, following the path the doctor took.

Those on the verandah are free to do what they like - follow the tieflings, explore the house, etc.
    Last edited by maggie_mcknife; 2014-01-21 at 08:33 AM.
    Avatar by the awesome Strawberries.

MINE:
    Spoiler
    Show
    RotRL: Burnt Offerings IC - COMPLETED
    RotRL: Skinsaw Murders IC I and II - COMPLETED
    RotRL: Hook Mountain Massacre IC and OOC

Seraphina "Red" Allin, fighter-rogue of double kukri slicey death